Disclaimer: I've made an honest attempt at giving credit where it's due either by reference or hyperlink. All views expressed (unless noted) are my own. The web site is for entertainment and/or education purposes only. All trademark names and symbols are the property of their respective owners. The information gathered has been compiled for purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and/or research. A variety of sources is used and can't be guaranteed. I designed the site so feel free to duplicate or redistribute in any form what you find here. I haven't checked with or asked to many people about using the stuff on these pages.
If you really got a problem with it, you can always take heart that we never intend to infringe on another's rights. Because it is not our intention to misuse the rights provided by copyright and fair use laws, we will most likely comply with all requests of the owner of the material. In a recent study, only 30% of copyright infringement claims present a clear fair use argument or substantiated claim of clear copyright. We maintain that if you contact us first, in all likelihood, the material will be removed. Where we can, we will use the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Use of articles or photographs for reprint or reproduction on websites or print publications is always allowed, with specific provisions.
While we make our material available for free, we do have costs. Any donations when utilizing our material is very much appreciated! If you have questions, use above.
- Some articles on the website have been submitted by our readers. We cannot grant permission for reprint of these articles.
- Credit MUST be given to the author and the website, with active links.
- Reprint of the entire article on a website must include intact links.
- Use of articles are without charge.
- You agree that we are not liable for the use of this limited license.
- If the detail listed below the photograph indicates another website or source, we cannot grant permission for something that we do not own.
- Under no circumstances, should photographs be accessed by hot-linking. This uses our bandwidth for YOUR purposes!
- Last, but not least, when my information is utilized in a print format, we do request a copy of the magazine, newsletter, etc.
TITLE 17 of The U.S. Code - (COPYRIGHTS)
-§ 107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include -
The fact that a work is unpublished shall not itself bar a finding of fair use if such finding is made upon consideration of all the above factors.
- the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;
- the nature of the copyrighted work;
- the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and
- the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Do you have a comment, suggestion or news tip to pass along - Send Us Your Feedback? Do you wish to react to something you've read, We welcome your comments and suggestions about the content. We want to know what you think. Please tell us how to improve our product and service to better suit you. We have no departments or staff, so just use the form below to contact us.
If you're a bill collector: I already sent the money.
If you're my bank: you didn't lend me enough money.
If you're a friend: you owe me money.
If you're female: don't worry, I have plenty of money.|
|If you're here to bitch at me: Try This!|